Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Long Garmin!

Default Re: So Long Garmin!

I have no trouble seeing the display in bright sunlight. Are you sure it's turned up full bright? Keep in mind too that you will get some slight shading in the cockpit, between the tinting of the skylight, and the overhang of the instrument panel. Try it in the plane, inflight, and with the display full bright. Keep in mind though, the iPad display is quite glossy, and that could cause a problem, particularly with a stationary mounting. If you get your brightness issue resolved, try adding a stick-on non-glare screen protector to cut down on reflections.

As for the FAA. . . they don't care, as long as you have the required engine instruments (in some form), and a whisky compass.

Cool product for the iPad.

http://skyradar.net/

Get weather and high resolution GPS.

Free app or plug into other apps.

The highest I ever got was about 5000 ft. I only had one incident wher I had problems with reception. Location service boot turned off for some reason. I just flew to the next waypoint, landed, and turned it back on!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas