Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Album

Default New Album

Dave B Kitfox And Avid.

Dave

Default Re: New Album

Nice KF.

Out of interest, why did you remove the Grove u/c and replace it with bungee gear? Just curious
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

Other way around. Currently on New Grove Gear.

Doing some minor work it needs, and annual. Looking forward to start flying it.

Dave

dave , where are you going to fly out of ? when you get her flying give me a shout and ill meet you at the flying b . i dont live there but keep my model IV there at a friends . most times the place is pretty dead and is good to to have some visitors
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Hi Chuck.
    Currently out at Elma, sharing a hangar with the wife's Avid (folded wings).

Not sure I've been into Flying B yet, unless it was one of the stops following Kelly S. (Fantasy). I'll check the chart. Been into Tenino 1 a few times.

Have you been down to Clay and Michelle's Biggles Field yet? 800ft N/S grass just south of Bucoda. Good folks. Oly EAA Chap. Pres.

I'll be in touch for flying. BTW, mine is the 1200 IV Speedster, 912.

Dave

dave , havent been into biggles yet . been over it and checked it out . i kinda like to get some kind of ok to land at some of these private places . i did get into bear valley over by mccleary . that was a hoot . also kimbrel , 5-10 mi sw of oakville . i made a couple of low passes one day and a couple of guys were infront of the hangar waving . i didnt see any shotguns so i landed . ended up spending the evening there and even got the grand tour . surprised the crap out of me , he has a dc-3 and one of those big assed antonov biplanes stuffed back in the hangars .
    havent been in to elma this summer but last year spent some time over there talking to a retired chopper pilot with a big white beard thats building some strange looking wood plane .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Yea, that was me , and one of my toys. It's a Mitchellwing U-2 flying wing. Also my Challenger II.

As for Biggles, do a couple passes. If home they'll come out. Everyone is welcome there.

Nice strip and museum at Kimbrells!! But you aughta try his son's strip on the cliffside a few miles south. Now that one is fun!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave B; 09-11-2011 at 06:50 PM.

it was such a strange airplane i couldnt remember the name . do you have the kitfox and avid ready to hoist up when the next high water comes ?
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa