Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rudder pedals, landing gear, and tint.

Default Rudder pedals, landing gear, and tint.

Sorry for asking so many questions but I have tried to search this and I see a lot of people have the adjustable rudder pedals. My question is where do the rudder pedals sit with out the adjsutable option. I'm 6'3 and my better half is 5'9". Are the adjsutable rudder pedals worth it if you are goign to keep your rudder pedals alllll the way make 99% of the time?

Also unrelated, the heavy duty landing gear that is on the order sheet, is that the landing gear that is on the black and yellow 233 plane with the cross shocks?

Also does anyone have pictures of their plane with the tint option? Do you find it too dark ever?

Default Re: Rudder pedals, landing gear, and tint.

Never bad to ask questions. I have the adjustable pedals which have proved nice for flying with my kids and a few guests. I'm 6'2" and turned my break cylinders 90 deg to get a little bit more leg room. Over the life of the plane I expect adjustable pedals to be a good option.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

The gear with the "crossed shocks (springs)" is the cabine style bush gear. I believe the Grove style (spring aluminum) would be rated to a higher weight capacity and would therefore be the "heavy duty" option.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks guys. Both good things to know. Does anyone have the factory tint on their plane. I think I am leaning to the light smoke since I can't get it tinted afterwards

Esser,
    By tint I am assuming you are talking about window tint. I installed Lumar film on the overhead "glass' on my plane. after 2 years i am starting to get a few bubbles. Before the tint film it was like sitting in a broiler ! Tint is an excellent option. I would do it in a heartbeat !
    Dick

Adjustable rudder pedals?? Is this something available somewhere?

Is this a quick adjust base, or something else?

Thanks,

Dave
    KF 4 Speedster

There is a factory tint option. I would just like to see how dark it is. As for tinting the turtle deck I would love to do that but don't like the idea of the tint bubbling especially with new plexiglass. I wonder if there is a perforated tint out there to stop this from happening? Not like the vinyl shade but a tint film that has thousands of tiny holes.

The adjustable rudder pedals are an option when you buy the kit.

The new SS model Kitfox. Unless you design and build it yourself, adjustable pedals are not in the cards for a Model IV.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos