Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynavibe today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dynavibe today

Finally got around to using the Dynavibe today, I found the results very impressive. Started with a vibration factor of .78 IPS (inches per second) and managed to reduce it to .07 with the weights in the picture. The effect was readily apparent throughout the RPM range definitely worth the effort. The initial bracket was set up for both the accelerometer and the optical pick up however the OP needs to be 6 inches back and not pointed at a shiny surface. The process was fairly straight forward and took less than an hour once set up. As others have mentioned balancing your prop really does take the engine to a new level of smoothness.
    At some point I will paint the back of the spinner plate black so as to leave the reflective tape in a place where I won't normally see it, will also probably move the weights inboard bolted to the plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive