Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How can i keep my kitfox from stalling & spinning in too ????

Default Re: How can i keep my kitfox from stalling & spinning in too ????

Max,
    I did not know your Uncle and Aunt. I was at the flyin and can tell you that without exception every single person there who did know them held them in very high regard. Every person who knew your aunt and uncle had only true love and respect for them. When that many people express similar feelings about two people it is obvious they were good people. You are a privileged person to be part of their extended family. It is sad that they are gone, but speaking as a person who is about their age, understand they passed while on a great adventure of their choosing. As pilots we understand and accept the risks involved in our adventures and are ok with that. You can be very proud to be part of a heritage that continues to persue adventure throughout all of life. You are part of a great family.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Max, on behalf of TeamKitfox.com, the entire Kitfox community and myself, please know how sorry we are about the loss of Jim and Sheila. They were a great part of our flying family.
    I did visit with them both at the fly in and as always enjoyed the brief chance to catch up on their lives and activities. We talked about family and hobbies and politics. Jim discussed a recent repair on his classic convertible. Sheila brought me up to date on the boys. Please pass on our sympathies to both of them. They were loved very much by their parents.
    Sheila later brought me a cup of ice cream, an inside joke between the 3 of us when we get talking too seriously about politics and need to cool off.

Before they left the fly in Sat. evening I did get a moment to ask Jim how many hours he had on the aircraft since new and he said about 180 hours. I asked how it was running and he said " it's running fantastic." I told him it looked great with the new stripes they just put on it. He invited me to fly up and spend some time at the house with them and the boys. God how I wish that was still possible. They took off for Caldwell. The aircraft sounded normal. The next morning we awake to hear the tragic news. We all await official word about the crash.
    We'll miss our friends.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

DesertFox4 and SkySteve and those at the discussions 'Forum Member' and 'Sad News',

Thank you for your condolences and kind words. It means a great deal to myself and to our families.

It is sad that they are gone, but speaking as a person who is about their age, understand they passed while on a great adventure of their choosing. As pilots we understand and accept the risks involved in our adventures and are ok with that.

SkySteve, this is an illuminating perspective. It is one I wouldn't have considered and is greatly appreciated.

DesertFox4, it's consoling to have a glimpse into their last weekend and how normal it was. Thank you for that. They also spent time in Buhl and Uncle Jim took my dad and cousin up. Mom said they were happy and excited about the flyin although Aunt Sheila was nervous about the flight. Dad was impressed with the number of gauges in the dash.

I've been impressed with the camaraderie and courtesy you all show for one another here. And whether or not altering a plane is a sound decision I commend Rogerh12 for amiably sticking to his guns to explore the possibilities in the face of much ribbing.

Safe flying to you all.