Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Transponder

Default Transponder

Hello All

Recently my Terra 250D Transponder and encoder packed up. Today I had an avionics shop test them and it appears they have "no output".
    I understand Terra is "no longer" but I have found a Terra repair station at Texas State Technical College.(www.terraavionics.com)
    Have any of you folks used them and if so, what is your experience?

I realize repairing 1990`s electronic equipment is probably throwing good money after bad, but this unit has only 300 hours on it.

I am also looking at replacing this with a new SANDIA STX 165. They have a built in encoder, very small and light and cost about $1500.

I would appreciate constructive comments on replacing and/or repairing!

Thanks

Don

Default Re: Transponder

Don,

I have a 20 year old TRT-250D "new in the box" which I don't plan to use. It might prove useful as a source of parts. Send me a private message if you have any interest.

-- Paul S

Hello Paul

I thought I replied to your offer some time ago,thanking you for the offer, but I don`t seem to see the message anywhere.
    Anyway , the transponder/encoder that I decided to purchase was back ordered and now I am told it has not yet received FAA approval!
    Do you still have the Terra and was it really never used or installed? Do you also have the encoder?
    What price you you asking?
    Thanks again for you reply.

Cheers
    Don

Don,
    I sent you a private message regarding the transponder.

-- Paul S