Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Access to fuel finger strainers

Default Re: Access to fuel finger strainers

what do you think about that fitting from Phenix industry....the pipe thread side are swivel....so with that you dont need to make an acces under the wing to remove the 90 elbow....

F50121483.jpg

I think that is a great idea, but I wonder if they make that swivel pipe thread with a hose barb on the other end instead of the 37 degree flare.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I think it's a good idea. what I do is fly one tank until it's as empty as I can get it. I have the low fuel warning. plus I have ball valves on each tank. when one tank is done. I of course switch to the other. back at the hangar I remove the fuel check drain. than I remove the strainer and check for junk, blow it out anyway and reinstall. than I fill that tank and go fly on that one to make sure all is well. than I do things all over for the other tank. works for me.

good method Slyfox...do you have normal 90 degree elbow with acess under the wing...i try to find something to eleminate that acess....for phenix fitting they have a lot of stock...ll'e show you what i think that what we need...
    F50121483.jpg
    you can going with barb like that and put your favorite hose on...lol
    téléchargement (1).jpg

or...what i find very cool and easy to install is that compression fitting like that..
    téléchargement.jpg

with black braided hose....
    téléchargement (2).jpg

I have a model 4, the area with the rib I just cut it out so I can get in there. I didn't do it last year because I don't have a problem with it. so I can't remember if I close that wing and go for it. I think I do. I'll have to look at it. I have a fitting with rubber hose, blue stuff, hooked right to it. I take the hose off and put a socket on it and unscrew it.