Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 7 or SS7

Default Kitfox 7 or SS7

What if any is the difference between a Kitfox Series 7 and a Super Sport 7?

Jim

Default Re: Kitfox 7 or SS7

Jim,

1) The series 7 has a fixed Horizontal Stabilizer and trim tabs on the elevator with a manual trim control lever. The Super sport has a trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer which is operated by an electric jackscrew with a switch in the cockpit for adjusting the trim and it has a solid elevator with no tab cutouts.

2) Obviously wing tips can vary on any kitfox at the builders discretion - but the standard wingtips for the Series 7 are about 14" wide and the Hoerner style. The standard wingtips on the Supersport are about 4 or 5 inches wide.

3) The Series 7 rudder has a rounded profile on the top. The Supersport rudder is squared off.

4) I think the standard turtle deck is the one piece acrylic for the Supersport - the series 7 was basically an aluminum frame with a one piece plastic window.

That's about it for the obvious stuff - builder options will change other things.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear

Is the Series 7 still available, or was it an earlier model replaced by the SS7?

Jim

replaced, they are basically the same plane as stated above, I also think the SS comes with bubble doors. I started with a 7 and built a SS
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive