Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: need info please

Default need info please

i am looking at a kitfox 3 forsale with model 4 wings. it was sugested that i should get a model 4 or newer. would this be a model 4 ?
    thanks rick

Default Re: need info please

The other big difference between the III and IV is the flapperon mixer behind the seat.

The III has the very complex looking Avid mixer which has the advantage of not needing to disconnect flapperons to fold the wings. The IV mixer is much simpler to look at (complex in it's engineering) and arguably handles much better. The IV style mixer is still used today in the current Kitfoxes.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I think the old 3 style mixer is part of the reason the early airplanes had flutter issues. I think it is normal to install the new mixer with the wings.

Let me know if you want someone to look at it or help get it home. My flying season has been slow to get started this year and I'd be glad to help out.
    Kelly

kelly , youve got that right about the slow flying season . the west side has been horrible for flying . if we did have a rare nice day , the runway would be too soggy to use . the few times i was able to fly after i got back it would take an hour to clean up the airplane .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa