Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaperon Hangers

Default Re: Flaperon Hangers

Subsequent to snapping the previous photos, I had the epiphany that I could make the repair stronger and more resistant to torsion and shear loads by fabricating a one piece bracket, which was doubled over around around the bottom of the rib. With this design, it was not possible to cut to the full height of the rib just aft of the spar, however I deemed it the better trade-off. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Dill
    Sold da Fo & bought a Bo
    Kept Dad's Kitfox II/503 flying

we replaced all the hangers on our Skyfox(aussie kitfox copy) skyfox wings 004.jpg

skyfox wings 021.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawk View Post
    We had the same problem with our kitfox 2, the flaperon hanger was broken clean off, we open up all the wings to upgrade it with the aluminum angle pieces and epoxied the broken flaperon hanger back on. after we riveted the two pieces of angled aluminum on the sides it seemed very strong.We been flying for 25 hours and there has been no problems. The upgrade really added some strength to all the hangers. I guess it boils down to what ever your comfortable with since your flying it.

willis
    Is Kitfox sell this aluminium pieces to reinforce the rib end ?

GDN if your asking about my hangers , then no they are not a kit fox part . I designed them and drew then in Cad , I had a local guy cut them on a cnc router .
    Cheers Mat

Ours were 2 pieces of angled aluminum that sandwich the wooden hanger and then riveted them together.we just made up the aluminum pieces. Unfortuneatly, I think there was a service bulletin with a good picture of the aluminum pieces. I don't think we took any pics but I can take a picture of the finished product if you want

Willis