Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: My opinion: old fibre-glass fuel tanks are a real hazard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: My opinion: old fibre-glass fuel tanks are a real hazard

Here is another idea about filters. After a forced landing because of a plugged filter, I put a second filter in parallel to the first one with a small valve that I could shut the flow off to the second filter. Both filters are used for takeoffs, and then I close the backup filter valve off. If I ever have the first filter start to plug in flight, I can quickly open the valve and the second filter should still be clean and ready to get me home. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Avid MK IV (flying)
    Kitfox 4 (building0
    Northern Mn

Jim and Chase, thank you for some very useful tips. Chase: would you be able to give me a model or part number for the filters that you can twist apart? Also the "slosh" you refer to, how would I refer to it when asking for it at my local general/sport aviation service center? Fuel-tank cleaner? Please forgive my total ignorance .
    Kiriako

I don't have the part number ,..but it's an easy part to purchase ,..just ask for a filter that can be cleaned ,.. I'm thinking my was a holley model ,..not positive , it's been 15 years since I used one ,.. I haven't used the "aircraft" tank slosh ,..I used the slosh for motor cycle tanks ,..it's a sealer for the most part,..the two might be the same in design ,..just different applications, maybe someone who has used the "aircraft" fuelk tank slosh will tune in and give you a location and name of the product to purchase it.

Chase

Thank you.
    Kiriako

it may not help in spain but california power systems llc has the take apart filters .http://www.rotaxparts.net/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1349
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa