Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Non-Flying Insurance for Kitfox (For Transport)

Default Non-Flying Insurance for Kitfox (For Transport)

Has anyone found insurance for their plane that provides coverage while being trailered or transported ONLY. My plane is on floats and SEAPLANE coverage is rediculously expensive - however, my major concern is when it's on the road being moved from the hanger to the lakes or beaches.
    ANY THOUGHTS OR EXPERIENCE?
    Thanks,
    Mike in Texas

Default Re: Non-Flying Insurance for Kitfox (For Transport)

I would check with Ladd Gardner Agency down there in Texas. He was very helpful when I was looking for insurance on my Kitfox.

Mike,

Normally non flying insurance goes for 1% of the stated value per year - You really should check with your insurance company to see what they say. I do recall when I went to move the airplane from the garage to the airport on a trailer - my auto insurance would not cover it - the truck & trailer sure - but not the plane. Been a while so I am not real sure right now what I did for cost but your aircraft insurance company should be able to tell you what they can/will do.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 trigear

You might check with the EAA, I always got the best rates and the most reasonable terms with them. Roger