Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arizona dreamin on such a winters day.

Default Re: Arizona dreamin on such a winters day.

I'll take a bunch of photos and I'll try to do my best to explain it. However, it will be a couple of weeks until I get it posted!.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

between the carbmate and the throttle link , it takes longer to warm the engine up than to sync the carbs . and the best thing is that it all can be done while sitting in the airplane with the engine running , once the carbmate is hooked up . will be interesting to see what you made up for an adapter , always looking for something better .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

If you want a good explanation of how to use a CarbMate go to the following web page. They have a product review that tells you how to balance the carbs with a carb mate and how to hook it up.

http://rotax-owner.com/index.php?opt...view&Itemid=35
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks Paul. That should do it.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

OK, I have a question. I just completed Balancing the Carbs "The best I can get" I am using a CarbMate. I got them Balance Green in the Center at Idle 2200RPM, at the .5 setting or ½ cm/Mg. However, as I advance the throttle to 3500RPM, the gage will readout +1.0 cm/Hg on the 1 / 3 Cylinder (Passengers side). Is this acceptable. I spent about 2 hours trying to get it better! Other than that it idles better then it ever has!!!!!!!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, glad to hear it is running well. Mine drifted about 1 LED when I advanced the throttle, seems to work fine. When you adjust for idle are you against the stops or advanced slightly, preferred, as this will make sure both cables are in tension. I balanced the carbs then set the idle, good luck and go fly
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Paul. When we sync mine we shoot for perfect at about 2500 rpms. It seems to run fine all through the power range if we accomplish that. Go give it a try as Dorsal said and see if it runs as it should. It is a joy to fly when the carbs are in sync. Start and shutdown are nicer too. Good luck.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I definitely concur! I'm going to go check one last time. Then I will put it back together, cowling, seats, wheel pants etc. Hopefully next weekend, If Weather Permits, I'm going to go flying!

Also, here is the adapter I maids, I chucked the reducer up in the Drill Press and turned the large diameter down to about .475 to fit the hose, then cut it in half with a drimel tool cut off. Man for $50 the custom kit for a Rotax versus, $2 for the adapter and $8 for longer hoses, and it fits and works well!

Man that GPS labeling is weird, at one point in the Hanger I am in Sunnyvale, the other Garland 10 miles away!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

One more question on the Carbmate. I see them from under $82 up to $128.95 at Spruce. It seems like a no brainer but is there something I'm missing? Is Spruce higher because it comes with accessories or is it just a higher profit margin? I might pay the extra $45 plus if it comes with all the accessories shown on the RotaxOwners website otherwise cheaper is better. I can always give Spruce a call but have any of you found a best buy? James Thomas

The extra hose and fitting I bought cost me less than $5. I like the extra $40, I could apply to new spark plugs or some 100LL
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas