Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Speedster Trim

Default Speedster Trim

I purchased a damaged model 4-1050 and replaced the original tail with a Speedster tail with electric trim. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the trim. I have the original wiring which runs from the trim servo up into the cockpit and that is where it was cut off. There are 5 or 6 wires in the sheathing and I have no idea where to start. I am thinking one is power, one ground, one for up trim and one for down trim but the remaining one or two wires have me scratching my head! While were at it where are you guys mounting your trim switches? I was thinking the Ray Allen G205 stick grip looks pretty nice but I have talked to a couple of people who say they prefer a rocker switch on the dash. Any Idea's???

Default Re: Speedster Trim

Two of the five wires are for power, both white. The polarity is determined by running the servo from the switch and seeing if the trim moves the right direction. If not reverse the polarity.

The other three wires are for the in panel indicator. They should be stripe coded to match the colors on the indicator whether analog or LED. As I recal the wires are striped with blue, green and orange. If you don't have a panal trim indicator, you can simply wrap the conductive ends and ignore them.

Lowell

Default Re: Speedster Trim

HighWing,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the trim system. I wasn't even thinking about the position indicator, so that makes since now.