Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: longer tail spring.

Default longer tail spring.

Id like to install the bush gear on my Classic IV with the 26" tundra tires. I'm also looking at the larger tail wheel assembly from Alaska Tundra Tires. What can I use for a tail spring to bring up the rear to match the bush gear and tundra tires on the front?

Default Re: longer tail spring.

Hi Tj,
    If you want to run 26" airstreaks you'll have to have a 6.00 x6 split rim wheel. I think your going to find that you'll have to increase your axle size to 1 1/4". If off airport with big tires you might want to look into the Grove gear. He can sell you bolt on 1 1/4" axle and grove makes a wheel that ABW will fit on. I don't understand why you want to raise your tail. It seems to me that all your doing is killing your angle of attack. On my plane since adding vgs and only running on 21" tires I can still hit my tail wheel way before my mains, which leads me to believe that if my mains were taller I could fly off at a lower speed. Hope this helps.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip