Hello everyone.

I'm new to this... I recently purchased an unfinished -5 that has been in storage for 8 years.

I have a couple of questions and appreciate any input I can get.

1) First, I need to replace 2 wing ribs. The wings were built at the factory and stored since 1998. Ribs 7 and 8 have broken webbing and cap strip where it looks like someone tried to pick the wing up using them as handles. I have searched the forum and found several posts that help but, I would like to get some more detailed guidance on rib replacement. It seems people have had good luck removing Hysol from the struts with a heat gun or blow dryer but:
-What do you suggest using to scrape the Hysol from the spar with? I obviously don't want to scratch or gouge the spar.
-After you scrape as much off as possible is there a solvent to clean the remaining off with? Does it need to be completely removed?

2) The inside of the spars need to be washed out. Any suggestions?

3) What is the best way to document the work that I do? The fuselage has all controls installed and the landing gear are installed. I plan to go through and re-do all of that work checking all fittings and hardware.

4) Is there anyone with a 5,6, or 7 in the Portland, Oregon area that I could use as a resource?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'll have many more questions but these are the big ones for now!