Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Don't put that plane away for winter!

Default Don't put that plane away for winter!

Well I've been having lots of fun latley up here in northern Mn. We have about 10" of ice on the lakes with about 3" of snow on top of that and the ski flying is great!. Any one that parks their plane till spring is missing out on some of the best flying of the year, in my opinion. I've flown on 3 of the last 6 days, and we've had at least -20 F the last three nights. At least we missed out completly on the snow that hit Minneapolis last weekend. Just got the wind, no snow. I had a friend of my snap a few pictures of me with my camera today on a lake as I did a fly by, this one came out the best. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Don't put that plane away for winter!

Nice pic looks like way to much fun, Skis will eventually cause me to slide my fuselage back and become a TD.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I agree Jim, Skis are the most fun flying there is, followed closely by floats. Cant wait to get home and put some more time on mine tracking up the fresh powder on the high mountain lakes and low land rivers!

Went flying again today (I'm so glad I retired) and flew over where I saw the 4 wolves 2 weeks ago. Guess what? They were back and this time the camera worked. They were just laying around, I think they were sleeping off a feast of deer from last night. I did see a big flock of crows on the ground about a mile from the wolves, I suppose they were cleaning up the scraps. I think this is the spot where they hole up, it's been covered with tracks every time I've flown over it in the last few days. It's a beaver pond, and one of the wolves was sleeping on top of the bever house. Well enjoy, I know I sure did. I flew a few miles over to where some friends of mine were ice fishing and one of them came back with me and the wolves were still there, so he got to see them to. Take care, Jim Chuk

Jim,

You get to see some pretty cool stuff. I'm getting ready to try a new Contour HD camera. Maybe I can get some winter photos up soon.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Winter here is pretty tame compared to yours(and no Wolves).Sill good to be flying,must try skis some time.

We have had some good days here in washington too. It has be great to get out and play a bit.
    Chadtracks.jpg
    If you get in the area and want to play, let us know. This goes for everyone!