My only experience prior to beginning was participating in the Polyfiber course at Oshkosh. I found the Stewart system exceeding straight forward in its application process. I really enjoyed the ease in gluing technique. I also discovered that some builders are applying the paint with a roller, which negated the need for a paint booth in my small shop. I rolled the primer which applied easily. The first coat of finish paint (metallic silver), was very difficult to apply without spider veining. I controlled room temp and ensured that the surface area was clean, but nearly every time the initial coat did the same thing. I learned to apply as thinly as possible, allow to tack up, and then applied three additional coats. The control surfaces and fiberglass components were sprayed, which was much easier, but requires careful control as well--thin's better. I'm very pleased with the finished product; after all it's rolled. I really had a good time applying the Stewart System and would use it again without hesitation.

Lane