Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Found my Fox but.

Default Found my Fox but.

I found a ser.6 on amphibs but when i went to check for Advanced Ultra Light requirement Kitfox is not listed on the "Eligible" page does any one know if a letter of compliance is a big deal. This is a complete aircraft so I don"t think it can go under amateur built. I don"t want to import this beauty if it"s going to be a big hasel I fly a ser.2 now and just love it, if any one in Canada has had this problem would like to hear. Thanks art.o

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Thumbs up Re: Found my Fox but.

Hi, a series 6 is not eligible for advanced ultralight because its gross weight is 1550 lbs, and the statement of conformity is pretty much a huge hurdle. You could import it as an amatuerbuilt, it needs to have 100 hrs air time to be eligible for import , that can be explained by MDRA the agency that looks after amatuerbuilt. I just got the special CofA on a kitfox 5 that I imported this fall, so I know it can be done. Be ready to jump thru allot of hoops and kill a few trees for the paper work! Kevin

Default Re: Found my Fox but.

Hi Kmack Thanks for the responce what is or where is MDRA and how can I contact them about this aircraft any idea why Kitfox is not listed and Rans is maybe they just havn"t got around to it because they are a great plane. thanks again

Hello Art

If you go to the MDRA and Transport Canada websites they explain everything in the finest detail about how to go about importing and registering a foreign a/c. It takes some time, and as Kevin says, a bit of paperwork and don`t forget "a bit of cash" but if you have found the "a/c for you' then it will all be worth it.
    Any of the KF`s from Model 5 onwards have gross weights exceeding the AULA limitations.

I am very pleased with the Model 5 Vixen I imported last fall.

Don

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi Art, this is the MD-RA website www.md-ra.com this will get you started. I would suggest calling the mdra and get an info package before you go look at a plane for importing and for sure before you buy one , to make sure it is eligible for import. Kevin

Thanks Guy"s I really do love my kitfox and I will try to navigate the Transport Canada web site again. I wasn"t thinking when I was talking about advanced ultra lights because I know it"s over the weight limit must have had stars in my eyes. Does any one know off the top of there head what the allowance is for floats or are we stuck at 1200# Thanks again off to search