Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What Skis are you using ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: What Skis are you using ?

Hi Jim,
    just in the process of fixing up an old set of skis to put on our kitfox.What are you using for the plastic on the bottom of your skis and do you put some sort of ridge down the center of the bottom of the ski for tracking straight?Also what thickness are you using? thanks Willis

Default Re: What Skis are you using ?

Hi Willis, The plastic is UHMW and is very slippery on snow and ice. I bought a 4X10 sheet recently for some more sets that I'm building. If you don't need pieces longer than 4' 4" I'll have some left over. Two of my friends needed some that was 5' 8" long and those were cut out of this sheet. My skis use 5' long pieces so I get 2 out of one 10' long piece. The UHMW I use is 3/16" thick. I do have an 18" X 1 1/2" X 1/4" UHMW runner down the middle of the ski to help with steering. Without the runner the skis will slide sideways when you try to turn. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images