Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Is there any reason other than esthetics to go with the black rocker switches as opposed to the stick toggles that come with the FF kit? I was surprised to see these supplied considering how many people end up with the black ones.

I agree with Josh.....stick with the switches and dump the Subaru. 😕😕😕
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    My awesome wife used her photo shop skills and made me some labels today.
    any idea what the name of that font is?

Other than aesthetics, nope.
    Eddie Forward
    Building
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRuscito View Post
    Is there any reason other than esthetics to go with the black rocker switches as opposed to the stick toggles that come with the FF kit? I was surprised to see these supplied considering how many people end up with the black ones.

Joe - I haven't come across the stick toggles you're referring to yet but if you're referring to the standard toggle type - I switched to black rocker due to the thought, right or wrong, of reducing head impact damage (HID) in the event of an accident. HID testing is something that has to be considered when certifying aircraft and what I learned in observing that process left a pretty strong impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    Joe - I haven't come across the stick toggles you're referring to yet but if you're referring to the standard toggle type - I switched to black rocker due to the thought, right or wrong, of reducing head impact damage (HID) in the event of an accident. HID testing is something that has to be considered when certifying aircraft and what I learned in observing that process left a pretty strong impression.
    Tell me more! I originally was thinking the flatter black rocker just because it looks a bit cleaner and was surprised the FF kit came with the standard metal toggles considering a lot of the factory planes have the black rockers.

Joe - I started with a lead I picked up on this forum and started by ordering one each of five or six different styles and shapes from one of several potential suppliers. The short version of the story is I learned that several suppliers call the same product their part but if you peel the onion just a bit you'll find that they all are from the same Chinese manufacturer AND at a wide variety of prices. Anyhow, I ended up with these: https://www.waytekwire.com/products?pSearch=47695.

You can find them elsewhere for north of $4.00 each.

You can wire them so the light is on or not - I measured the current draw for kicks and it was pretty close to nothing. (0.24 Amps if all 12 switches are on at the same time.)

I've attached the spec sheet as well as the Knuckel's writing that convinced me that with the low power stuff we have in our panels now-a-days, these switches should work just fine.

Panel switch bought from Waytek.pdf

Switch_Ratings Aero electric.pdf

Cheers,

Darrel