Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Three small screws release the glare shield. The two bolts going thru the rods go into nut plates and they are out in seconds. Then the three bolts thru the bottom of the panel are removed and the panel is free to tilt. Oh, I just remembered, you asked about the glove box - it is a unit from Van's. A long story of multiple brain farts. I shortened it a bit and now realize I didn't need to but am glad I did. (It is still plenty deep in its current configuration.) I used screws and nut plates so it can easily be removed from the panel but it doesn't need to be removable.
    Glove box installed small.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    Three small screws release the glare shield. The two bolts going thru the rods go into nut plates and they are out in seconds. Then the three bolts thru the bottom of the panel are removed and the panel is free to tilt. Oh, I just remembered, you asked about the glove box - it is a unit from Van's. A long story of multiple brain farts. I shortened it a bit and now realize I didn't need to but am glad I did. (It is still plenty deep in its current configuration.) I used screws and nut plates so it can easily be removed from the panel but it doesn't need to be removable.
    Glove box installed small.jpg
    I figured out why I thought the glare shield was not removable. Per my Kitfox 5 building instructions it is not removable. On the V it is screwed to the windshield, not just slid under bracks per the 7 instructions.

Opps (and, it is a big one), I forgot that mine is also tied via about 4 screws to the windshield. BUT with one of the few, if not the only, SS7 with a round cowl, I don't have a boot cowl and removing those screws is a non-issue. When I first looked at the drawings (not specific to my a/c) I thought that that would be an problem and why I started thinking about shortening the glove box - then I saw that it would be too short for my use and didn't shorten it as much but that meant I'd have to release it from the panel before tilting the panel. Hence the ugly screw heads around the glove box. But, the old adage says: "if you can't fix it, feature it." (The warning was "a long story of multiple brain farts". An example of what causes big additions to the total build time.)

Starfox panel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

That is a nice, clean looking panel.

Good looking panel. Very nice!

I like the light gray panel with the white lettering in contrast with the dark gray/black SRA's.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Revival of a 4 year old thread…. Why the heck not?!

Nice!

With a little less real estate compared to the later model KFs, the newer style instruments fit very well.

I do like the grey panel background.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Raw aluminum panels are the way to go!

No smoke today, happy to see it all lights up and sees all the units that are attached to this point. Another fun day in the workshop.