Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Nice! but where is the cappuccino maker?

Seriously beautiful work.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I am also finishing my Rv9a, that is where the coffee maker is located lol. I plan on flying my Kitfox more than my Rv9a, cheaper on gas, spent all my money on the panels lol. I am going to weld up me a trailer for my kitfox5, looks like no one has off the shelf with 8-0 ft clear inside

I'm glad to see that your my neighbor. I think there is a better than avg. chance I'm going to get to see all your gadgets there "McGyver".
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yours must be up and running by now, isn't it, Eddie? I'm looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.

I've just been helping a friend of mine with his RV8 and the Dynon Skyview. I have to admit is is very intuitive and we got it all going with the smoke staying inside the wires.....which is a good thing. I was particularly happy with the fuel calibration which showed 39 litres one side and 40 on the other, which was exactly the amount we had poured in and taken out etc. I just hope all the other readings prove as accurate

No Paul, It should be but I postponed my wiring harness. AS&S got a new electrical shop and a new laser wire etcher and so I asked them to wait on my harness until they are using the laser. They were supposed to have it done last week but as of yet, I have not heard anything. I expect to hear from them today. I was not in a great hurry to get onto the wiring since I had a lot of other things I could build. But, now the airplane is finished except wiring.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

From what I've seen of the standard of your build you should have done it yourself. If I can do it then anyone can. A few gold pins and a crimper is all you need. I didn't even need to terrify anyone with my sub-standard soldering Admittedly the wires are not laser etched but they do have printed shrink tubing to identify the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by bholland View Post
    I'm putting in an IPAD as well. Not just as a backup but you can also get more information from of it, if needed. This is how I did mine so I could have the glove box.

Brett
    mykitlog.com/bholland
    What is the mount you are using for the ipad?

Is the kit fox panel's dimensions universal among all kit fox versions?

I am wanting to do some mock ups and am looking for a template or dimensions I can use to create one.

The panels are not universal.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

TJ,
    This is the on I used. I think I bought it from Aircraft Spruce, GUARDIAN INSTRUMENT PANEL FLUSH MOUNT FOR IPAD MINI
    Part # 13-18919

Brett