PaulSS - Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I don't need to have the EIS in the panel (the EFIS uses the same data) and at first didn't but because the panel looked really empty I put it in. Also, we all want or passengers to think that it takes a lot of talent to be a pilot and that means plenty of instruments. Then it occurred to me that if I put it in the panel I can have a "less busy" single screen on the EFIS. As a matter of fact, originally I had planned on not having an EFIS, I wanted the old fashioned steam gauge look but you just can't beat an EFIS for a variety of reasons and I acquiesced and joined the modern era.

A vario (variometer) is a really sensitive VSI with a fast time constant - something less than 3 seconds.
Variometer.jpg

My first ride in a Kitfox (lots of years ago) incorporated soaring and I'm looking forward to repeating the experience - hence the vario.

The EFIS will control the transponder and could control the radio (I'm pretty sure) but I'm not setting it up that way as I've not enjoyed trying to change frequencies on an EFIS in turbulence. (Maybe that means I'm not all of the way into the modern era.)

Cheers,

Darrel