Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Joe - I started with a lead I picked up on this forum and started by ordering one each of five or six different styles and shapes from one of several potential suppliers. The short version of the story is I learned that several suppliers call the same product their part but if you peel the onion just a bit you'll find that they all are from the same Chinese manufacturer AND at a wide variety of prices. Anyhow, I ended up with these: https://www.waytekwire.com/products?pSearch=47695.

You can find them elsewhere for north of $4.00 each.

You can wire them so the light is on or not - I measured the current draw for kicks and it was pretty close to nothing. (0.24 Amps if all 12 switches are on at the same time.)

I've attached the spec sheet as well as the Knuckel's writing that convinced me that with the low power stuff we have in our panels now-a-days, these switches should work just fine.

Panel switch bought from Waytek.pdf

Switch_Ratings Aero electric.pdf

Cheers,

Darrel

Ive been looking forward to making this post! Here is my panel! I actually used matte black Krylon for the paint at the suggestion of my EAA tech. It surprisingly turned out great and seems damn durable. Then I had the labels printed on with a UV cure ink at a local printer. Ill admit the writing isn't as sharp as I would like but you wouldn't notice until I mentioned it. Also you will noticed I mis judged the Vans glove box overlap and it cut off the Kitfox logo a bit. Even so Im happy with out it turned out for my first try HA! Everything powers up and works as advertised!

IMG_0714.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0717.jpg58932705252__D1626DB3-5E59-4309-A566-58FD86A608C8.jpg

Looks great! I used Rustoleum. The rattle cans nowadays can provide great results for minimal cost 👍
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Looks sweet! Looks like you used the same ELT. Unfortunately they crack. Someone pointed that out to me and after the first engine run, sure enough there is a crack down the seem. If yours does and you come up with a solution let me know.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

My MKII 2K panel upgrade so far... part of 532-912 refurb upgrade.

deadline to get back in the air after 12 months Nov.

http://photos.app.goo.gl/U46rRM3D6x21rBsT7

I bought my Kitfox in December 2017 and wanted to rebuild the panel in exotic hardwoods. I replaced the Dynon D100 panel with the Grand Rapids Technologies 7" Sport Ex glass panel. I eliminated the Dynon, two steam gauges and my Garmin GPS. Also cleaned up the switches and added magnets to the right side were I mount a Lenovo Tablet to display ADS-B traffic in the Avare Electronic Flight Bag application, which I highly recommend. If I loose my Sport EX, the Avare application will give me ground speed, location, altitude, heading and airport information, so it can act as a backup to the main panel. Before and after pictures: IMG_20200129_120954868.jpgIMG_20200515_122936148.jpg
    George
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Kitfox Light Squared
    912ULS Tri Gear

My YouTube Channel

Wow.......beautiful job George! It’s great to see you merge your passion for woodworking with your passion for flying. Great layout and very well put together. Congratulations!
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Thanks Russ! This was a fun project. Hardest part was learning all the functionality that is packed into these new instruments.
    George
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Kitfox Light Squared
    912ULS Tri Gear

My YouTube Channel

That goes along with my personal motto....”never stop learning”. Great job!
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

By a search it appears that I failed to upload a picture of my panel. Hope this isn't a duplicate but here it is none-the-less:

Instrument panel and stick grips completed small.jpg

I tried for simple, light weight and cost effective.