Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Thanks Paul. Clark, The VP is nice. I have a 912iS engine. It doesn't run through the VP so there is electricity running outside the VP so you don't really have a comprehensive representation of your power when you look on the screen. But, I don't really know if the engine stuff will come through the screen via the EMU. I know there is a bunch of configuring I have to do with the G3X yet. I am really not the guy to talk to about anything electrical. I have a severe aversion to it so I am certainly going to come off biased. You can read the VP manual by downloading it from their website. It is very thorough. It has sections that specifically deal with different engines etc etc. They even tell you how to provide power to the LED lighted switches. Paul understands it, that is evident. Im not sure how I would do the electrical if I were to build a second system. I maxed out the power switches but I still have room to provide power from pins I have not used. I believe my VP has 10 switches and 24 power pins. I guess they provide more power pins than switches for things like the lights. I have one switch but my two landing lights are on separate pins so that the Wig Wag function works. Just one example. VP customer service is very good also.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks for the explanation, it sounds like you're going to have a really nice setup.

Clark

I'll add that if you do the VPX, and send your panel out to be laser-cut, powdercoated and silk-screened, you end up with a setup pretty similar to a Quick Panel from AFS. I haven't done a direct cost comparison, but if you're considering a Quick Panel, you might do a careful trade study between the QP and a VPX setup. I think cost-wise it probably comes out pretty similar if you're careful to include all the wiring harnesses, switches, connectors, etc, that come with the QP. A little more work is done for you with the QP, and it's a "one-stop-shop" experience vs trying to find shops to farm work out to. The VPX would give you a little more flexibility though, and you could avoid a 6 month lead time. I'm not necessarily saying I'd do anything different. I'm really happy with my panel, and the support from AFS and Dynon has generally been superb after some early hiccups.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Still old school, but ADSB compliant.
    Trig Avionics

https://www.trig-avionics.com/

TY91 Radio
    TT22 Transponder/ADSB out
    TN72 GPS Position source
    PM 1200 Intercom
    Statux ADSB in to Ipad FltPlan Go EFB app(its free)
    https://flttrack.fltplan.com/FltPlan...iPad_Info.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am working on my panel and you all are showing great workmanship and nice ideas. A question I have is about the round switches from Kitfox, I received a few and was a bit disappointed that they just push through a hole with no threads on the switch so there is no locking ring like almost all other switches. With this said I have no experence with this type switch so those of you who are using them I would love some feed-back on your thoughts and those with hours on your panel do you find the switches getting loose through vibrations that come with every plane.

I had two styles that were supposed to be the same size and annoyingly the one was loose. I replaced those.

Basically there are two “spring tabs” on the switch. I took a small flat file on edge and notched a slot for that ear to fall into so it wouldn’t rotate.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

These are pretty cool too.

https://rockerswitchpros.com/
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Thank you for all the ideas guys. I spent a couple hours today drilling, sanding with a dremel, filing a location notch and in the end I have a nice tight fit. Thanks for all input and thank you Carl for the phone call today. I understand the time issues with building a house.

Here is the updated panel on my 1993 Kitfox 4:
    Dynon D3 and 10" IPad with Foreflight along with UAvionix ADS-B In/out using old Narco transponder and new Icom VHF seems to be the best of old and new for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kirby Cramer
    Kitfox 4, Built 1993
    NSI/Subaru 98HP, Warp Drive 70" three bade tapered ground adj. @ 22 deg. 90MPH cruise @ 3700 RPM.
    Elison throttle body, Dynon D3 VSI, ForeFlight/Ipad 10",
    uAvionix ADS-B in/out, Narco AT150 transponder, Icom 1220 VHF.
    460 Hours