Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Service Bulletins for Rotax 912

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Exclamation Service Bulletins for Rotax 912

Hi , I am interested in , if people with rotax 912 engines are doing all the service bulletins put out by Rotax . In particular service bulletin SB-912-022 . I will try to attach it to this post .I have measured the valve spring retainers in my 912ULS and they are the old ones which the service bulletin states must be replaced, this SB is from 2001 and the engine has had no issues . I was wondering if anyone has experience with the valve spring retainers cracking or completely breaking ? This is the only SB for my serial number of engine that has not been done. Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Service Bulletins for Rotax 912

kmach, I've seen and helped with this procedure on a couple engines to replace the old style retainers back when this bulletin came out. Not a difficult procedure and worth doing.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Thanks, I do intend to do this SB, I was more wondering if anyone had one of these valve spring retainers break and what the results of it breaking were. Kevin

Not personally Kevin. More a precautionary step on the engines I was involved with.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear