Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: brake help needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default brake help needed

All,

I'm working on a project with Grove attached, the brakes are still in the box, though.
    Two questions:
    1. the 'receiving' (that is, top of the gear) brake line is pointing backwards - is that OK? It might be more practival to have it on the frontside. The picture shows aft-to-front, you can see the (blue) cap on the brake line receiver
    2. The brakes (Grove part nr 36-2 Mfg 2-64) fit with two large pins into the wheel ass'y., but they seem not to be attached! I can get things working allright, but there will never be space between the pads and the wheel, so to see.
    The pic shows top-down: the top two axels are put into a bus, but they are not attached - apart from beeing held by the brake disk.

Am I dumb and not noticing something, or what?
    The Grove site shows me pictures of brake systems that all have a sort of backing-plate to attach them to the axle some way.

Any reaction highly app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HansLab; 10-08-2010 at 08:31 AM.