Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax Soft Start Module

Default Rotax Soft Start Module

Today I was talking with a technician at Lockwood concerning wiring of a 912uls...During the conversation he asked if I was installing a Soft Start Module. I had not heard of this so he explained it. I was wondering if anyone has installed it and if they noticed a difference in the starting?
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Rotax Soft Start Module

I have flown another LSA on several occasions with the module and it does make for a smoother start. If I had the 100 hp,I would install it.
    Dick

The ULS is an extremely violent motor on start and shut down. These modules definitely help on taming the start.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

It sounds like this module is a good investment if you experience the rough start with your 100 HP engine. The reading I have found indicates a couple things that will promote these rough starts and sometimes kick-backs...
    1. Long battery runs 2. An old or weak battery.

Since I will have a very short battery run and a new battery, I will hold off on this $220 investment and see how it goes.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ