Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda engine?

Default honda engine?

Does any one know what happened to Eggenfellner Honda engine?? I checked there web site and they don't list it anymore. thought that would have been a great alternative to the Rotax

Default Re: honda engine?

Get the Rotax and save yourself lots of grief and probably money in the long run. Can't think of a single Honda in a Kitfox. Might tell you something. No auto conversion has ever come close to the match of a Rotax 4-stroke and a Kitfox airframe for performance and certainly not for reliability. I know they're a little pricey but your worth it and you'll be flying years sooner.
    Best of luck.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Smile Re: honda engine?

RCNUT,

You can find the Honda engine, HF-110 at Vikingaircraftengines.com. There is a very comprehensive comparision on that web for you to view. Very impressive unit if it works as advertised and the price is a bonus.

Happy Flying

thank you that is the web site I lost and was looking for. I had the subaru site but could not get to the Viking Honda site. I am really looking forward to useing this engine on my build. again thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Get the Rotax and save yourself lots of grief and probably money in the long run.
    Excellent advise Steve. So many auto conversions are abandoned due to expense, weight and poor performance (if they ever fly).
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Something to consider, a fellow posted on brand X KF group, he's paid in full for a Viking engine and no engine and now the guy won,t talk to him.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

There seems to be a history of problems with that particular engine builder. I was intrigued by the conversion as well and after looking around didn't feel confident about spending my money with him.

The viking engine is an auto conversion. It's the same guy who does(or at least used to do) Subaru conversions, Jan Eggenfellner. Honda does not endorse it either.

Quote Originally Posted by C5Engineer View Post
    The new Viking engine is not an auto conversion it's an airplane engine made by Honda.
    This could not be further from the truth. In fact, the Viking engines actually start out as used engines taken from totalled Honda Fit automobiles. This info comes directly from Jan Eggenfelner at Viking.

Cash up front with no escrow? That's not how I'd do business with anyone. I hate to see anyone get taken like that. I hope others will learn from this poor guy's sad tale.

-- Paul S