Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Leading edge?

Default Re: New Leading edge?

Just curious if any more data is available? I didn’t order the LLE with my kit but am approaching the point where I need to make a decision and have been reconsidering the option. Thanks, Greg

Not having flown yet, I can't say what they will do for stall speed or rate of climb etc, but they really do enhance the appearance of the entire leading edges of the wing.

There are a few of us that think it looks better without the new LLE; more vintage/classic maybe (maybe I'm just jealous because it wasn't available when I built mine-I'll never tell).

Also, there is some thinking that the standard leading edge with its slightly scalloped shape acts somewhat like VG's and actually improves performance. We will see when the factory comes up with some accurate comparison data. One thing for sure, the LLE adds weight. Although on second thought, its weight is somewhat offset by the elimination of most of the full length extruded plastic leading edge.

Jim

I haven't flown mine but I think it is worth it so far. I think VGs will be more effective.