Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flaperon Rigging

Default Flaperon Rigging

Hi Folks,We finally have our kitfox 2 project that we took over ready for the rigging, unfortunately we ran into a snag right away. I'm not the mechanic in the group so bear with me if I mess up on the wording. We level off the plane and put the straight edge off the flaperon and down the 1" of the leading edge of the wing with the flaperon level fully forward. Our problem is 10/32" adjustable push rod (FRU-47) seems to be at least 1 1/2"-2" to short.This seems to be the only place were we can adjust the flaperon control rods,has anybody else had to make up a 4" or 5" 10/32" threaded rod for the flaperon rigging or are we doing something totally wrong,

Thanks for any help,Willis

Default Re: Flaperon Rigging

I am assuming (yes, I know what that means) that you have the mixer system leveled out also. You should have some adjustment on the flap tube from the handle to the mixer system. Make sure the mixer system is level, and the arms are set per the instructions.