Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick Rigging question - Model 3

Default Re: Stick Rigging question - Model 3

Thank you all for the time and help - yes indeed the wrong rod ends were used - funny thing tho is that after digging through my box of build materials provided to me from the prev owner, THERE THEY WERE - still in their original bags with the correct part #'s on them.

They are now installed and I have WAY less slop, hopefully this prevents that flutter I felt last week for good......

After reading this discussion I went and checked my model III (sr. 1166), the correct rod end was used but it was installed backwards. The manual reflects the old style set up but the parts list page list the newer rod end and the plane has the KFIV style aileron belcrank Obviously the manual was not keeping up with some design changes going on that time. The older set up has the rod end reversed. I'm not sure how significant it is but I changed it per the newer manual(thanks for posting the pages). Might be worth a look for anyone with this vintage KF.

Yes I have a copy of a 1991 I believe service bulletin explaining to reverse those, but it specifically was referencing the OLD style Ushaped swivel.

I test few my bird today with the new rod ends, all seems pretty good but it was 15kt winds so I didn't learn much

Wild, glad you are back in the air.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive