Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trim Jack-Screw

Default Trim Jack-Screw

G`day Folks
    I have a Model 5 Vixen and the motor that drives the trim jack screw has burnt out. I am having difficulty finding this motor replacement thru the internet. I imagine McBean`s should have them in stock but on the weekend they are closed of course.
    This trim feature seems very sensitive. Are there any ideas out there from long time Kitfoxers.
    Would appreciate any commemts.
    Don Hudgeon

Default Re: Trim Jack-Screw

I put a 3.3 ohm power resistor in series with mine, seems about right for me. I think it takes about 5-8 seconds to go end to end (will time it next time I am at the hangar).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I had trouble with the jack screw on my Series 6. Turns out the gearcase leaked grease into the motor housing and contaminated the commutator/brushes. There is an article on the RV site about taking the motor apart to clean it up. I reassembled with a lot less grease and have not had a problem since.

Hi Guys
    Just yesterday I picked up my new trim actuator shipped from McBean`s. Installed it today, along with a new rocker switch and everything works just great. The new switch makes trimming out much easier, still sensitive but works well. I am still looking for a replacement motor, just to have a spare around.