Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A call across the pond......!

Default A call across the pond......!

All,

I will be carrying out an upgrade on my Mk IV from a blue top 582 to a 912 this winter. I have a fair bit of the hardware and am now just looking for a good low/medium hours 912 (80hp) engine.

They seem to be rarer than an honest politician here in the UK and I was wondering if there is anybody on your side of the pond who might know of one that is coming available in the next month or so?

I am looking for one that has a good history, no damage and sensible hours. Any feedback, leads or responses would be much appreciated. I am willing to pay for the full cost of shipping and packaging etc to avoid anybody being put off by the distance.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Default Re: A call across the pond......!

Around here the best way of finding a used 912 is not watching the ads but talking with people and networking. I have heard of several having been sold over the last year in this way that were never listed on Barnstormers or whatever.

Do you belong to an EAA chapter? Is there one (or better several) near your area? This would be a good starting point.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos