Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A busy 2 weeks.

Default A busy 2 weeks.

Good to be back home. Vacations always go by too quickly. Got to spend a week in the mecca of all things aviation. Visiting with folks from all over the world and hanging out with good friends while all the time talking and living airplanes. It sure beats most anything else I can think of. I learned first hand how hard vendors work at a big show but also how rewarding it can be. Here is just one example of the Kitfox grin we saw all week. Now think what that grin would look like if they had flown the airplane.
    P1010212.jpg
    What a pleasure to meet some of our TeamKitfox members. Apologies to those I missed. I planned on getting down to the ultralight end of the field but never made it. Sounds like lots of fun was had down there. Never got to the seaplane base either and that's a must do for me every time I attend Oshkosh. I went "walk about" a couple times to visit with some of our sponsors and see what's new in the buildings. Possibly one week is just not enough to absorb everything that is AirVenture.
    Flying is my passion and the part of the trip I looked forward to the most was the chance to fly with Phil Laker from Oshkosh back to Phoenix in his Super Sport. Unfortunately the plan came a little unraveled when Phil had to return to Phoenix and couldn't accompany me on the flight.
    On Sunday Paul and his beautiful S-LSA and me in Phil's Super Sport launched from runway 18 as a two ship headed west to beat weather. Me to Fairmont, MN and Paul on his way back to Boise,ID.
    P1010532.jpg

We landed in Albert Lea, MN. for fuel and had the pleasure of meeting Jim Hanson of Clarks Grove, MN. a fellow TeamKitfox.com member and multi Kitfox owner. Thanks for the hospitality Jim.
    On to Fairmont for me where Paul flew on to Pierre, SD. to overnight.
    I spent four days in Fairmont attending to family business and visiting with family and friends. Got a little local flying in. Just like old times flying with my brother Tom and his son Wayne. Phil's Kitfox roomed with a nice RV-6. Thanks to Mark Craven for the nice hangar the whole time at Fairmont Airport. Phil's Kitfox wasn't the only thing well cared for while in Fairmont. I had Tom and Monica's little cottage with several acres of trees near the lake all to myself. Haven't slept that good in years. So quiet compared to Phoenix and so many more stars at night. And the meals. Fresh sweet corn a couple nights and cake to celebrate Tom's birthday.

Brother Tom and his Adventurer.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: A busy 2 weeks.

Thanks for the up date and the story to go with it. I LOVE the stories of places and people everyone meets all over. Keep them coming fellow Kitfox Lovers