Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2010

Default Oshkosh 2010

I made it. The place is drying up nicely today. Got in about 4:30 pm and had time to stop by Kitfox Aircraft's tent. Here is a couple photos of the Super Sport with the Rotec radial and the finished cowl. Looks great.

P1010054.jpg

P1010050.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Oshkosh 2010

Pictures look great but they do not do this aircraft justice. it is so much better up close and personal. great job.

P1010037.jpg

Sean D. Tucker viewing the world from his normal vantage point. Inverted and spinning.
    Good morning from Oshkosh 2010. Wish you could be here. Today promisses bright sunshine and temps in the low 80's. Grounds are improving. Chance of T-storms on Wed. but we'll keep our fingers
    crossed it passes us. Folks are enthusiastic and Kitfox Aircraft said
    they were very busy yesturday. That radial is a pilot magnet for sure.
    I'll get around the grounds today and see what's new.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Great pics... Steve.

My 11 yr old son and I are arriving Thursday afternoon... we hope to come by then. If not, we'll stop by on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting the Kitfox/TeamKitfox folks.

I'll be wearing a big straw hat and they say I look exactly like Brad Pitt. Ok, that's a lie... it's a cloth hat ; )

Very excited... I've been wanting to go to Oshkosh since I was 12 years old... many moons ago.

Andrew
    NOKITFOXYET

Andrew, you will have a blast. Crowds at Kitfox tent heavy. Interest in the Rotec radial Super Sport is off the charts. Conditions improved today.
    I'll try to get more photos posted tomorrow night. Warbirds in the airshow this afternoon. So cool.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Nice shot of the new factory Rotec Super Sport courtesy of Mark Smith.
    Pre-ring cowl install.
    DSCF0049.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Got my photo taken in the most popular aircraft this year in the North Aircraft Display area. Sometimes people were 3 deep and blocking Wittman Rd. Met some of our TeamKitfox.com members. Visited with a couple of our forum sponsors, Grove Aircraft and SteinAir.
    Went walk-about today. Lots to see. Grounds not too bad after light rain last night. The big storms seemed to move just North of us last night. Whew!!! Clouds broke by mid morning and sunny rest of day. Salute to
    Veterans has brought many vintage military aircraft to Oshkosh. Fun to see the only privately flown F-4 Phantom. That thing uses more fuel on one pass down 36 than I use in my Kitfox all year. it's been 10 years since I was here last. Lots of good changes. Seems like it's harder to walk the same distances this time. 10 years hasn't hurt Oshkosh like it has me.
    John and Deb McBean have been great hosts. Thanks so much. Having a blast "working" at the Kitfox Aircraft booth in between exploring the grounds. DC-3's everywhere. So cool. Listened to one of the esteemed Tuskegee Airmen talk while sitting in front of a beautiful red tailed Mustang. Large crowd. Like me everyone was hanging on every word.
    Wish you were here.

DSC_1207.jpg
    A rare 30 seconds when the crowds parted to get a photo.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Here are a few more OshKosh shots...
    Cannon was good enough to loan me an EOS 7D along with various lenses. These were taken at today's airshow with a 70-200 zoom lens...dang am I spoiled now. Trying to figure out how to break it to the wife this is now a need Can someone write me a note?
    F-16sLow.jpg
    Beech18 1.jpg
    ChuteFlag.jpg
    Last edited by DanB; 07-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Steve,

You were too busy talking to old friends to bother at the Kitfox tent... my son and I enjoyed seeing the Kitfoxes... we shopped all the LSA's... I asked my 11 year old son which one he liked the best -- he chose the Kitfox, I asked why... he said...

"it looks strong, I can see better out the door, I don't like wings in my way and the woman (Deb) was nice and helpful..."

Smart kid.

What a great show... I wish I could have stayed another couple of days.
    NOKITFOXYET

Had a great time visiting with everyone.
    Andrew , thanks for stopping by. Enjoyed meeting you.
    Love being around people that love aviation.
    Andrew G, sorry as heck I didn't get to meet and talk. The Kitfox booth was very busy at times. Maybe next year. You're 11 year old son has very good analytical skills. Seems a very reasonable conclusion.

Weather may have dampened attendance but did nothing to quench the enthusiasm for this fun aircraft. To all of you that came by interested in joining the Kitfox family. We hope you join the ranks of the flying soon. We know how much fun you're in for. For those that stopped by just to say how much you still enjoy flying your Kitfox. Thanks so much. We couldn't have said it better.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear