Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status Change

Default Re: Status Change

Dorsal,

These things seem to be quite different depending - In my case the DAR did it all, inspection/testing area/limitations and the transponder wavier (till I could get it to a testing station) but I believe he has some extra credentials with FSDO & MIDO at the district office.

How big a test area did you get?

My situation ended up being "since you live in MN why not do the testing in Wisconsin" (sorry Wisconsin) Anyway the perimeter of my test area was about 160 miles - seemed pretty big, for the first three hours....

Dave S
    KF 7

Hey Dorsal - Congratulations on the successful first flight...glad everything went well! Looking forward to some flying adventures in the Northeast as soon as the hours are flown off. In the mean time, I'll let you know if I'm headed your way. I'd love to stop by to check out the new baby!

Chris

For what it is worth the "fuel cozy" did the trick. Nice flight tonight just at sunset, the fuel pressure readings were stable and well behaved.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Congratulations Dorsal on the first flight!! I will be looking for pictures and descriptions of your adventures. Returning to the USA next week, so it’s time to find a garage with a house...Yes Honey I know it's a house with a garage...wives think they know it all.
    Anyway, great news and good luck!!
    Thomas
    A&P and future Kitfox builder

First, thanks for all the good wishes, so far she is flying great. As for the high fuel pressure readings which I thought I had solved by shielding the sensor and fuel distribution block, they came back. It has now definitively been traced to a bad crimp, readings are rock solid now.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

really is fun , isnt it ?
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa