I just recently bought a Classic 4 KF that was wrecked then rebuilt by a aircraft mechanic. Might have seen it on Barnstormers. Anyway, it was real close to being completed when the builder passed away. The builder's son sold it to me and I am diving it to finish it. Already ran into my first snarl and need advice. I went to put the seat pan in to get the "sitting in the cockpit of your new project picture", and I noticed that the seat pan totally restricts the movement of the control linkages both from the flap control linkage and the aileron contol linkage. In looking at the bottom of the seat pan, I can see where the flap control linkage has been rubbing but I don't see any rub marks from the aileron linkage. The linkage is actually holding the seat up probably 1/2". When you sit in the seat, you cannot move the control stick at all. I searched this site for an answer and didn't find my exact scenario. I read on another site that you have to bend this linkage to clear the pan. It is obvious that all this linkage has been replaced so I can't tell if the original was bent or not. The book doesn't say anything about it either. Just wanted to get a second opinion before I go bending on things. Thanks.