Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Insurance During Towing

Default Insurance During Towing

For those who tow their aircraft to and from the airport, what do you do to cover against damage or loss to the aircraft during towing? Is there special insurance available for this?

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Re: Insurance During Towing

with my auto insurance ,..for my truck,..anything connected to the truck ..such as a trailer ,..and it's contents are covered,..
    might want to check with your auto insurance company.

Chase

Auto or truck Ins does not cover aircraft in toe.
    You need to get ramp airplane Ins. It covers your plane either in a kit form or being trailed to and from where ever. It doesn't cover it when powered by the planes engine unless you have hull Ins.
    Ramp Ins is very cheap. I paid .85 cents a day for 30 K when I trailered mine. My auto and for that matter, every others auto Ins company WOULD not cover a plane in toe. Only the trailer was covered. Home owners cover most things ON the trailer but NOT an airplane!

I used Avemco. This Ins covers the plane while building, should it be stolen or damage due to something? After you're done building, it covers you in the hanger or tie down. Cheap coverage. Now hull Ins. while flying,,, that's another matter.