Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bungee guys you have anything between your gear and fuse?

Default Bungee guys you have anything between your gear and fuse?

My old gear legs had a piece of radiator hose around the ends where the bungees wrapped. I didn't put them on my new gear legs when I wrapped them. When I land on something really rough like a gravel bar I'm getting banging noise from where the gear hits the bottom of the fuse after it flexes on the bungees. Normal grass and pavement landings I don't notice it. Should I have something in there to cushion them? I eventually want to go to the wider Spring gear like Highwing llc is making but need this set up to work for now. I have new bungees that came from the factory and they are wrapped exactly how they are supposed to be so I don't think they are too soft.

Default Re: Bungee guys you have anything between your gear and fuse?

Yes, there should be a bumper.

I'm headed over to do a little flying tonight. I'll snap a photo and send it to you...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I found the photo...

Here it is.

Note the rubber bumper between the gear leg and the cross member, inside the bungee wraps. You will need to put something in this area on your plane. I don't know if the Kitfox setup like this will work on your Avid, maybe the rubber hose idea originally on there will work...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I have a chunk of radiator hose I split and glued on the tube. If you dont have some kind of bumper you will flatten the tube out in no time. Then things start cracking and breaking.