Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flaperons settings ?

Angry Flaperons settings ?

Hello my problem is that i have to make a constant right effort on the stick to not take roll. The plane seem to roll alone left. I saw that my pitch control surface is not from each side. I try to be more clear if you put the control surface on a horizontal plan the left part is more high than the right part as the control surface was bent.
    Or is it to cancel the engine couple ?
    How do you control the setting of the flaperon ? and how do you set it.
    My idea is if the plane want to turn left i'll put the left one a little bit lower and the right higher ? I'm true no ?

Thanks, for local flight will be ok but for long navigation i'll be a body builder

Default Re: Flaperons settings ?

Hi GDN ..level your plane at the bottom of the fuselage landing gear mount locations fore and aft side to side ,..dont go by the wings ..once the fuselage is leveled ..double check your dehidral and wash out on your wings,..make sure they are correct .

Chase

add down to the left front wing or down on the right rear wing, adjustments made at the ends of the struts. THe airlerons have nothing to do with it. You can put a little wedge on the bottom of the left airleron to make it go right if you desire.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 05-14-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

This is normal. The elevator is built that way to keep air flow on it. If both sides were on the same plane it could get blanked out by the horizontal stab.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

OK for the elevator thanks.