DSCN0831.jpg

After flying a lot of different aircraft for the past 23 years, my wife and I decided that the Kitfox best suited our flying needs. We purchased the Super Sport kit from John McBean, took delivery in about March of 2007 and thirteen months later we received the airworthiness certificate. I went with a modified Continental 0-200 built by Lycon (125hp) and am now turning a composite Sensenich propeller. I recently replaced the carburetor with the Rotec throttle body injection and I am now burning almost 25% less fuel. A few of the options include the 1550 Grove gear, 8.50 main tires, Alaska tail wheel, Dynon D-180 EFIS/EMS, dual adjustable rudder/brake pedals, full glass doors, an Andair fuel selector and gascolator, the fully extended baggage area with an aluminum floor and Dacron sides (John McBeans idea) and a hinged rear glass to access the baggage area. We currently have 300 hours on it and are very happy with our decision. I frequently land on dirt roads, dirt with no roads, hay fields, etc. and since we have
recently developed snow skis , we land on anything covered with snow. Too much fun! Thanks to John and Deb for their ongoing assistance and a special thanks to my wife for her help and support in making this project possible and enjoyable.

Mike Custard
Advanced Aviation, Inc
541 330-5817
DSCN0168.jpg

For more great photos of Mike and Kathy's Kitfox check flybymike's profile page for their photo album:
flybymike

PICT0572.jpg