Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox III Brakes Locking Up

Smile Kitfox III Brakes Locking Up

I have a new Kitfox III. I have been doing some taxing and the Pilot side Brake locked up, eventually leaking all the fluid out. I fixed that tonight after taxiing the Co-pilot brake locked up?

I have size 12 feet and think I am keeping my feet pn the brakes when taxying ... but not entirely sure.

Is there a way to increase the brake pad travel so that the pads aren't so cloose to the rotor so that when they overheat they're not locking up?

Anyone else having thsi problem?

Default Re: Kitfox III Brakes Locking Up

you've got to train yourself not to keep pressure on the brakes,.how long did your kit set prior to finishing it? the seals in your calipers sound like they might have failed if fluid came out of them,.or there is a miss match somewhere and the wrong pads are on the calipers,.usually the only time fluid will come out..other then a bad seal,.is if the pads are worn down so much the puck inside of the caliper extends out past the machined travel area and can get slightly sideways which will lock up the brake and let all the fluid leak out.

Chase

Default Re: Kitfox III Brakes Locking Up

common mechanics / set up of a disc brake
    Attached Images Attached Images