Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: brake lines and herculiner under seat

Default brake lines and herculiner under seat

what are you guys doing for brake lines. not sure about using the nylaflow and the brass fittings weigh a ton. thought i would use aluminum fittings and size 3 braided teflon lines. the extra weight of the lines would be largely offset by the lighter fittings.
    also about the fiberglass seat. it has got to rub the 4130 it rides on raw from weght shift and vibration, and then the exposed 4130 rusting. i thought i might try putting some herculiner on the tubing the seat rests on as well as the inner lower door frame. i have never used this stuff. it also comes in grey which would be close to the powder coat. what are you using to pevent this or are you just not worrying about it. keith

I plan to use braided ss teflon lines also. Brett at www.bonacoinc.com will be coming up with such a kit for the Kitfox but he's waiting for someone to help him develop it (get all the lengths and fittings figured out). I plan to be the test mule but I'm not there yet. If anyone else is interested in a set and willing to get him all the dimensions contact Brett.
    Randy Lervold
    TeamKitfox.com Admin Emeritus
    Day job: www.dynonavionics.com