Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 912s

Default new 912s

rotax Canada is selling Brand new 912s for under $20000. Best price in years or ever

Thumbs up Re: new 912s

Is that US Dollars or Canadian Dollars? Either way, it seems to be a great deal!!! I used www.xe.com to convert and $20K US = $20,048 Canadian. What a big difference, eh? Not really! No matter which way you slice it, still a great deal!! And also the thread about training on this engine; I would assume training on any engine that's potentially going to hold my life in it's balance would be great to get!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Default Re: new 912s

Be very carefull about purchasing something such as an engine outside of the US. I'm in no way insuinuating that the company you have in mind is bad. I just have a friend that built an RV7, sent the money with the order to what was considered a reputable dealer in Canada for a new 180HP engine. He never saw the engine, he spent quite a bit in trying to get his money back...he was out all of it as the long arm of the law stops at the border. sumthin to think about.
    Dan
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

they are the North American distributor for Rotax. They also work together with Lockwood of Florida. No worries with this company.

Good to see that Wannafly has confidence in this company. Perhaps the first one stateside to purchase a Rotax from this company can tell the rest of us how the experience was. It'll take some research and another person to find out...for now! Good to know that there are people spreading the word about "good deals". I hope they pan out. I, for one, would be cautious about backing a company with my name unless I had already dealt with them personally and had outstanding customer service! We'll have to watch this company and see what comes of it! Anyone ever work with Rotax Canada?
    Chris Holaday

Like any company you best check it out. Your local dealer should have the same deals as this is a price drop right from head office in Germany. Oh but wait thats not a USA company better not trust it..... Check with John at Kitfox he should have close to the same $ numbers...you trust him don't you.
    If you don't trust the company UPS has a great service for 5$. They will hold your money till the shipper delivers merchadise to there local office but that only works if you trust UPS. You have to trust someone sooner or later.
    I only started this post to help out fellow "Kitfoxers". I guess I should have just kept it to myself

Thumbs up Re: new 912s

Knowing Rotax I'm assuming every other dealer has the same pricing from the factory. Check with John at Kitfox Aircraft also when pricing 912 series engines. All things being equal or even close I live in hope our site sponsors will always get a shot at our Kitfox business. A Rotax authorized dealer should be reliable anywhere they are located still it never hurts to do some checking or buy from a known reputable business like Kitfox Aircraft LLC.

P.S.-
    Check with John at Kitfox he should have close to the same $ numbers...you trust him don't you.
    wannafly- thanks for the last post. Your read my mind. Thanks for supporting the folks that support us. No one in this community has worked harder than John and Deb to build confidence and trust.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I only started this post to help out fellow "Kitfoxers". I guess I should have just kept it to myself

Wanna Fly, not really. My comment was not meant to disuade your post in any way. Didn't mean to sound like an alarmist...I'm just a realist. That's why I made my comment as well (to help out fellow Kitfoxers). We all come to the table with different knowledge, understandings, and experiences. We are lucky to have a site like this to share those things with each other. Mine was just a heads up as I saw a brother go through a very tough ordeal. It's always good to keep our eyes wide open
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by wannafly View Post
    If you don't trust the company UPS has a great service for 5$. They will hold your money till the shipper delivers merchadise to there local office but that only works if you trust UPS.
    As a note, UPS might not work for a crated engine purchase as they (at least up here in Canada, when I was working for them) have somewhat of a tendency to refuse any package that is over 150lbs or oversized, so you might want to talk to them about such a service before hand.

Smile Re: new 912s

I'd agree that the company, being a Rotax dealer, should be able to back such a great product with great customer service. To All, please don't be frustrated with any scepticism about a company that you suggest. Just like going into any unkown territory, I still don't trust the people just because one man said they're alright. Had a few too many bad experiences trusting a local while deployed and, unfortunately, now I'll be cautious no matter the situation. So, has anyone looked into this company? I hope Wannafly will report to us on any deals made with Rotax Canada and give us all the honest facts about the company. As far as UPS, I too have dealt with people in that company and some are more willing to work with you than others. Yeah, weight (and dimension) is a factor. What's the worst they can say? No! Oh well, at least you tried! Has anyone called John at Kitfox Aircraft, LLC and asked him? Let's see if he comes online with any thoughts about the price.
    Chris Holaday