Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bigger tires than 8.50 without breaking the bank

Default Bigger tires than 8.50 without breaking the bank

What choices are there for bigger tires in the experimental world currently running 8.50 on 6 inch wheels have a few ruts in field that make me nervous with the small tires.

Default Re: Bigger tires than 8.50 without breaking the bank

Hopefully this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Many of us use the 22 in. Desser smoothie tundra tire. Quite a bit less expensive than the larger Alaskan Bushwheel tires, for example.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I really like the 27.5 inch Desser. It feels exactly like a 26 inch Airstreak at half the cost and last way way longer. They need 8 inch wheels though
    Ty
    Kitfox IV-1200

Quote Originally Posted by Newkid View Post
    I really like the 27.5 inch Desser. It feels exactly like a 26? Airstreak at half the cost and last way way longer. They need 8 inch wheels though

I had a pair of the 26" Airstreaks from Alaskan Bushwheel and although they were fun, I fly on pavement half the time and I found I got VERY tired of having to roll bedliner on them every three months to protect my $3000 tires.

I am excited about the 27.5 Desser you mention. For a tire half the price, I would gladly give up the ultra-low tire pressure of a tubeless tire. How much do you operate on pavement? How long have your tires lasted? I'm thinking it might be worth the cost to upgrade to 8" wheels. What wheel/brake do you use?

https://shop.desser.com/27.5x10-8-4-...detail/323337/

Ty, are you running these tubed or tubeless? I'm finishing my build and decided to go tubeless. We'll see how they handle. What PSI are you running them at?

Quote Originally Posted by Newkid View Post
    I really like the 27.5? Desser. It feels exactly like a 26? Airstreak at half the cost and last way way longer. They need 8? wheels though