Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: what prop should I get

Default what prop should I get

I'm giving up on a IVO prop. Why? the motor is just junk. I've had it. Now what to get. Give me some good ideas. I know of the Eprop. that's pretty expensive. But will do it. How's that prop?

How about a fixed prop that gives a good compromise for good speed and good take off? I have a 912uls 2008 engine I think 2.43 on the gear box.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Default Re: what prop should I get

I'm running an NR two blade prop on my Kitfox 4 with 80 HP 912. I also bought a two blade NR for my Kitfox 4 unfinished project which has a 100 HP 912, Performance is much improved over the 3 blade IVO I started out with. I would do the same thing again if I needed another prop. JImChuk

Default Re: what prop should I get

I also run a NR prop on a 80hp Rotax that has a big bore kit and 110hp now.
    It's a ground adjustable, SR 106 two blade. Spinner, prop, hub and backplate are about 10lbs. It's rated at 60-125hp
    NRProp. Aircraft Composite Propellers
    I've been really happy with the performance. 16 deg works well for my application.

This prop works well for the Rotax and other geared engines but is to light for traditional engines as the power pulses can lead to premature blade fatigue.

Web capture_6-6-2024_83821_www.nrprop.com.jpg
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint