With the countdown at 77 days, the first of 6 volunteer work weekends just concluded. As usual some news was delivered at the opening meeting. The supposed "final" draft for the new ultralight field is in all the powers that be (FAA, city, state, DNR, EPA etc) possession but no relocation this year. Vintage aircraft has a new Education Center hangar just south of their present location. 106 new improved camping sites (elec/water) located in the vicinity of the showers at Stitts and Elm will be available. I don't imagine the "regulars" that have been camping there for years will be thrilled. The tram turnaround by the ultralight field will be moved by FAA directive. They apparently didn't like it under the ultralight flight path especially after last years accident. Several of the eating facilities by the flight line will have new concessionaires. Both the Snowbirds and Freece Tricolori do not require a larger aerobatic box, so no restrictions like when the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels perform. The Lifetime Member Oasis will be enlarged especially the outdoor seating. I'll be back up in 2 weeks and will pass along any info I get. Start getting ready!!!

Rick