Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One wheels, E-Scooters, collapsible bikes, etc.

Default Re: One wheels, E-Scooters, collapsible bikes, etc.

Eddie there are some good videos on how to. You need some security torq bits. I used a die grinder to open up the case so it?s not pulling on wires and used a hot glue gun to help with balance wires chaffing. To solder the battery wire I just peeled back the battery cover some.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: One wheels, E-Scooters, collapsible bikes, etc.

I have flown my Kitfox around the USA three times now and brought a pedal operated folding bicycle with me each time. There are no perfect folding bikes. Folding bikes come with either 12" wheels or 16" wheels. The 16" wheel bikes are much better to bike on and can handle the gravel roads that often lead to rural airstrips but these bikes do not fold down quite small enough so that they can quick-fold into the cargo area. Typically with a 16" folder you have to remove the seat, front wheel, and sometimes the rear wheel too. The 12" wheel folding bikes fit fine but then you have to walk over gravel. Here is a video of me packing my 16" BikeFriday into the cargo area so you get an idea of what is required ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rok9Ir9MGfw